I have a group of friends that I try to meet up with every couple of months just to stay connected. Let's be honest, it is a ladies night at the Celebration Town Tavern, usually on the patio, which may or may not include some adult beverages, not so point friendly bar food and some laughs. We all work in different areas within the same company now and always have some really good stories to share.
"I'm busy" seems to be the theme lately. I really am! I don't know how people with kids can possibly do it all cuz I don't have any kids and I am super busy. It feels so indulgent to do an all about me day spent pouring through cookbooks, practicing my royal iced cookies and watching true crime TV. Yes, I am hooked on that station, ID TV (Investigation Discovery). It features programs like 'Sinister Ministers', 'Deadly Affairs' and 'Fatal Encounters' . The Bellman refers to it as murder porn Hahaha whatever, I like it, lol.
One of my Patio Night girls challenged me to do a pineapple upside down cake ------with the key word of moist ---how could I say no?!
Oh, and I was gifted an awesome lime green fancy whisk this week. It worked perfectly today for this easy cake batter and there was no need to dirty up the kitchen aide mixer. Thanks Mouguett!
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN BUNDT CAKE
Yield = 1 Bundt cake (12 servings)
1/2 C butter, melted
1/2 C brown sugar
1 20oz can pineapple slices, (reserve juice)
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 3.4oz box vanilla pudding
1/3 C veggie oil
1/4 C heavy cream
1. Spray a Bundt pan with non stick spray.
2. Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the Bundt pan and top with the brown sugar.
3. Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes together. Add the reserved pineapple juice and heavy cream (the juice and cream should together equal 1 cup of liquid). Add the eggs and vegetable oil, and mix until fully blended.
5. Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple and cherries.
6. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
7. Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate. Slice between pineapple rings to serve.