Sunday, July 12, 2015

Peach Mango Salsa



The Bellman and I are on a "let's get healthier" kick.  It's almost impossible to be outside in this molten lava Florida summer heat so exercise is limited an occasional dog drag around the block and some lounging in the pool.  We've become pretty committed to eating healthier, too.  I've discovered the power of a green smoothie---yep, complete with leafy fresh spinach. The Bellman won't touch them but I love them! I am sure my body will go into shock soon from all the fruits and veggies I've been pumping into it.

Aside from the green smoothies I have also started preparing fish one day a week.  The Bellman isn't a big fan of fish.  I told him that eating fish one day a week won't kill you--right?! I asked him what kind he preferred and he replied, "sticks".  Uhh, no.  No Bueno Bellman.  So--I've been busy preparing and sampling different types of fish (some stinky some not) tying to find something he can tolerate,  I think we found a winner with some Mahi Mahi simply prepared with salt/pepper and a spritz of lemon. I then covered the top with an amazing peach mango salsa!!  Peaches are in so now's the time to get your peach on.  This salsa is so good!  I eat it on anything, even those new coconut triscuits.  BTW, have you tired those yet?  Super yum! Yay Martha!

I had instragrammed a photo of the salsa and had so many people ask me about it that I thought I'd share here.  It's super easy and so tasty.  I like a lot of cilantro and a little heat but you can customize it any way you prefer.  The peaches are so soft and juicy now that the salsa won't stay fresh too long without going to mush. Sometimes I just make a half batch, too.



PEACH MANGO SALSA
Yield = 3 cups




2 peaches, diced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 mango, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4C red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
juice of 1 lime
1tsp sugar




1.  Dice up all fruits and veggies.  Mix together and add lime juice and sugar.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment