Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Hola!  Have you noticed that everyone says that now rather than a good ole Hi or Hello?  I'm blaming it on Dora.  

I am sitting here writing up my lists of things yet to do for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Wow, somehow the season has rushed in so quickly!  The Bellman and I already went to see the Holiday Osborne Christmas Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios this week.  

Yeah, I know, its not even Thanksgiving yet.  As my friend and co-worker Melissa says, "Let the turkey have its day"! I kind of agree. 

The lists of shopping and baking I can handle.  I think what is stressing me out most is the 10K I signed up to run next January.  I feel that I am not remotely ready.  Plus I have a ton of baking/tasting to do between now and then.  Oh my, what was I thinking?!  I am gobbling down the last of the pumpkin bread---better to get it out of the house once and for all.  HA!

Look at this loaf, isn't it gorgeous?

Everyone loves this pumpkin bread and it is super easy to put together.  It is great for potlucks and travels well. Personally I like it better the day after it is baked.  The spices seem to pop more.  The trick is trying to keep everyone (me) out of it until then! :)




PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
Yield = 1 loaf

1 3/4 C Flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C pumpkin
1/2 C veggie oil
1/4 C orange juice
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C milk chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pan (9x5).

2.  In large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cloves and salt.

3.  In smaller bowl combine eggs and sugars, Whisk in pumpkin, oil and orange juice.

4.  Add the egg mixture to the flour bowl mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix as this will cause the bread to become tough.

5.. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

6.  Bake 60 -65 minutes.

* adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment